The Chief Secretary's office is the supreme head of Assam Government just next to the Chief Minister and Governer.It mantains all the affairs related to home department.
FUNCTION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- The C.S main function is to take reports from the H.O.D of all departments and scrutinize those.
- The C.S authorizes all external projects pertaining to home affairs and signs the Memorandam of understanding(Mou).
ACTS AND RULES ADMINISTERED BY THE DEPARTMENT:
The CS Offices works in accordance to the Assam Rules of Executive Business.
|2||Staff Officer to CS||1|
|3||PS to Staff Officer||1|
|4||PS to Chief Secretary||2|
|5||Others (DAK section)||9|
- The CS Office supervices other departments of the state according to the matter related.
- The CS Office also interacts with other state Govt.
- The CS Office reports to Govt. O f India if necessary on behalf of state govt.
- The CS Office looks after all Public Sector Undertakings and autonomus bodies
- Look after all Public Sector Undertakings and autonomus bodies.
- Look after all external aided projects .
- Approval and funding of tour programs of the employees of the state government.
- Accepts complaints and greviences from the citizen of the state and orders the concerned departments to take appropriate actions